RSS

Friday, October 22, 2010

Health

I went to see the Rheumatologist last week for an evaluation and treatment. He's certain that I do have Fibromyalgia, but we're doing testing to see if I have anything else in addition. My joints are uber flexible and bend in ways that are causing damage, thus more pain.


I cannot receive any real treatment, regardless of my diagnosis until I stop breastfeeding Meghan. Until then, I just need to focus on diet and exercise. I was told that walking is NOT an acceptable form of exercise, due to the trauma to my joints.

The testing that we completed sent me into one of the worst flares that I've ever had. In less than a week I managed to dislocate my shoulder, hip, knee and ankle. Luckily I was able to get them back into place with a lot of coaxing, medication and ice.

The problem with this illness is stress and depression. Stress and depression cause pain. Pain causes stress and depression. When I flare, I get depressed about the pain and my general ability to live the life I would like to have. When I am stressed, my body responds with more pain. And around we go.

Not only am I in more pain, my reflexes, sleep, and immune system are also weakened. I can't sleep because of the pain...which causes more pain. I catch every cold I come across but because I can't rest properly, I can't shake the cold. I shake and drop things, or stumble into walls.

I just have to keep repeating that it will get better. I have had flares before and I have bounced back. I can get through this one. It will get better. I have had flares before and I have bounced back. I can get through this one. It will get better...

0 comments: