Buying exercise equipment is just not in the budget right now. I started search craigslist for what I wanted with no luck whatsoever. It was important to me that I get a recumbent bike rather than a standard upright one. My bottom is not conditioned for a wedgie making banana seat!
In the middle of creating a penny charge to start saving, it occurred to me to post on Freecycle. I figured maybe someone had an old one sitting around that was collecting dust. Sure it probably wouldn't be what I wanted or have any extra features that I wanted, but it could get me started. Plus it would be a way to see if I would actually use the thing. Then when I had the money I could get what I wanted.
I honestly didn't think I'd get any replies but figured it was worth a shot. Well wouldn't you know, two hours after posting my ad, I got a response!
Not only did someone have one for me (for free) but it was everything I wanted! It's exactly what I would have buy if I had had the money.
![]() |
| Schwinn 201 Please ignore the blurry picture from my cell phone! |
This little room is right off of my living room. It used to be a patio but the owners of the condo closed half of it in. From the bike I can see my full living room (including the tv) and down the hall to Meghan's play room.
This afternoon I got on it while Meghan slept. The geek that I am...I rode my bike while playing Mario Kart Wii. Now that was fun!!! It felt like a minute later that the machine beeped to tell me my time was up (I set it for twenty minutes). I reset that sucker for another ten minutes and kept going!
My goal is to try to ride at least thirty minutes a day to start. I figure I can even break it up into ten minute sessions. Obviously if I choose to do more, that's great! I'm hoping this will be an easy way to get my exercise in each day.
I still want to go to the gym as well. I know that strength training is important and the gym has a lot to offer.
Yay!



0 comments:
Post a Comment