Maybe you've seen crazy pictures like this:
![]() |
| New Years Eve 2010 |
Simply put, Heather is one of the most important, most inspiring, most supportive people in my life. And we have fun, constantly! She's seen me at my best and been there for me at my worst. Everyone rolls their eyes when we're together because they know we're going to be silly and crazy. Or as Aunt Nay loves to say "Up each other's butts." But the truth is that I just love Heather and I am so grateful to have her when I need her.
When Robert was gone last week to Ohio, I found myself paralyzed with fear. I couldn't stop worrying about him getting hurt or me getting hurt while he was gone. I worried about falling down the stairs and feared not being found. I feared having to take any medications while he was gone and not being able to be responsible for Meghan. I felt so panicked, scared, and agitated. Now he's going to California for a week in July and just thinking about it I start to hyperventilate. I feel like such a baby having these feelings, but the truth is that I just struggle being left alone with my thoughts for too long. I don't want to be alone if the bad thoughts come and not have someone here to help me through it. I feel like such a coward admitting all of this!!!
Anyway, I called Heather and told her Robert was going. Without saying anything else, she said "Don't worry, I'll be there with you while he's gone." She's just going to hop a bus and travel 300+ miles to hold my hand if I need it, to make me laugh until I cry, to help with Meghan and to keep me distracted. I think she's just awesome! I am so lucky to have her in my life. <3



0 comments:
Post a Comment