RSS

Sunday, September 26, 2010

This Isn't Me...

I've seen the consequences of people not taking medications as prescribed, whether it be too much, skipping doses, or ceasing them all together. I am the one who encourages and scolds others. I am the one who worries about others.

Yet, here I am. I was up all night before I finally collapsed out of sheer exhaustion at 4:30 am. I woke up with Meghan at 5 am, got her back to bed and then went on to have one horrible nightmare after another.

Why? Because I didn't take my medications. Hyp O Crite, that's my name. I'd say I don't know why I do it, but I'd be lying. I don't take my medications, because I can't cry when I'm on them, I can't feel. But if I don't take it, I can stay awake until the house is quiet and everyone else is sleep. I can stay awake until I am alone it is safe to let go. And then finally I can cry, I can feel everything that's been pushed back. I can feel the pain wash over me.

This isn't who I am. I'm not the person that plays around with starting and stopping medicines. I recognize that this isn't healthy behavior.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Kettle. Pot. Black. Calling. Ring. Ring.

0 comments: