RSS

Friday, November 19, 2010

Day Two

Two days in a row, that's progress, right?

The holidays are approaching (as if you weren't aware) and we are still deciding how they will be spent. What is more important, honoring our feelings or fulfilling the wishes of others? I don't want to celebrate, neither does Robert. I haven't bought presents for anyone or even a turkey for Thanksgiving. It's hard to feel jolly and thankful right now.

I don't want to have to stare at a Christmas tree everyday. I don't want to pretend to be happy and cheerful. Is that wrong?

I don't want to deny Ben of his holidays, but the idea of celebrating takes my breath away.

Robert wants to spend Thanksgiving with a pizza, some beer and football. This coming from a man who doesn't drink and doesn't watch football.

Oh, what to do? I hope we'll be able to find our way and make these decisions.

0 comments: