RSS

Monday, May 6, 2013

25 Days...

I am almost afraid to say it out loud. Afraid that announcing it for the world to hear will put it out there for the goblins to snatch it away and take it off to live with David Bowie's massive crotch forever. I have this constant fear of good things. Not bad things. I know how to handle bad things. I'm not saying I like them, but I know how to deal with it. It's the good things I don't know how to handle. The spot light that comes with them and worse, the fear of having them taken away from me.

But maybe, maybe if I just sandwich it here in the middle of these fears it's be ok. We bought a house! I'm excited, but as you know, extremely nervous that it won't work. However, so far, everything is going so super smoothly it's crazy. We offered the day of the listing, our inspection was clean, our appraisal came in at more than asking, the house has been kept so well that the appraiser said it was younger than the true age, we're getting money back at close...I am terrified of all the things that are going to go terribly wrong at close. 

Anyway about the house, I wanted to post pictures, but I thought better of it. So long as the listing is still up with the address posted publicly. It makes me nervous. It is, however, everything we wanted. It's a beautiful brick exterior. 2 car garage. Big fenced backyard for Meghan to play in with a screened patio for me to watch. Big living room. 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Meghan will have her own bathroom. Our bedroom has a private patio door, vault ceilings, jetted tub, walk in shower, and his and her closets. We'll be leaving Gainesville for a smaller, quieter town near by. It's just what we need. 

We currently have 25 days until closing. Things are chaotic here! Meghan's playroom has become our staging room for boxes and our dining room has become a Tetris pad for furniture. We've gotten rid of so much though. I'm looking forward to starting fresh with less clutter and much more space! 

Counting down and hanging on for dear life!

1 comments:

Kim said...

Woohoo! I know you guys are SOOOOO excited (even with the fears)!

I can't wait to see it!