RSS

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sometimes You Just Need That Reminder...

I read this article today that spoke to me about what really makes a house a home. The writer spent many years and invested a lot of money making her home the way she thought everyone thought it should look. Then, it burnt down in the middle of the night.

The moral of the article was the it's not how your home is decorated, but rather about the memories you make in it. It's not how your home looks to your guests but how being in your home makes your guests feel. 

I so needed to read that. I have had my head so wrapped up in trying design and budget our new house, knowing that I cannot decorate it the way I would like right away. I want to just shut and bolt my doors until it's the way I want it. But that's what I've always done. I haven't hosted my friends because I live in an apartment or a condo. I have let house envy rule me. My friends don't care about that. I don't need the perfect furniture, the right accents, paint colors that will set the tone...they will love me for who I am regardless of when I decorate.

For now, I will continue to plan and pin because this time I will be decorating and making this our home. I'm done moving.

23 days...

0 comments: