This morning I woke up with a new outlook on life. I decided that it was time to stop sitting still and start moving forward with my life.
I have a large list of things I want to work on and change. Today I decided to take some little steps towards something big and important.
I went and had my blood drawn. May not sound like a big deal, but this was a lab sheet that had been sitting in the glove box of my van since October. This was blood work that I was supposed to have done 14 years ago but never got around to. This was blood work that may contain answers to what exactly is wrong with me. Of course, it may not provide any answers, but the point being that it could!
Before I could chicken out, I called and scheduled an appointment with the rheumy that ordered the labs. It took nerve. Especially since the only appointment that wasn't a month away was for this Wednesday. Big deal being that I will have a very busy today now. Therapy from 11-12:30. Robert has training from 1-2. My appointment at 2:15.
I'm nervous about the appointment. This will be the end of the road for us breastfeeding. Going means getting the prescriptions I need to feel better. Of course I could always delay filling them, but with as much pain as I've been in lately, I think it's time. We're also down to 1 daytime and 1 early (5am ish) feeding anyway.
I also yelled at someone I'm close to today. It wasn't a big deal, but something was bothering me and not only did I speak up, I stood my ground. Guess what? The world didn't end and neither did the relationship. But I did gain confidence and self pride. So I am proud of that!
I guess all in all I am growing and slowly changing. One day at a time.
How I lost 25 lbs...
11 years ago


1 comments:
So proud of you too!!!
Post a Comment