Some of you may have noticed that I am no longer active on Facebook. I have also disabled comments and the ability to post to my wall.
This is for several reasons, the short being that Facebook is just too stressful for me right now.
1. There's all the posts linking News articles about children dying or being abused. Not to mention all the posts about Caylee Anthony. It's just too painful and too close to home.
2. The drama. Posting things that start with "Some people" or "I would say something about this but..." really? Like I don't know who you're talking about? Especially when that person is posting the same thing? Either talk to each other or just shut up about it. If you don't want to drag the rest of us into it, stop fishing.
3. Sometimes I just don't know what to say without just lying. I type a status, I delete. I type a status, I delete. Lather, rinse, repeat. This is the only place I am ever close to open about my feelings.
4. I'll admit, right here in the open, that I have severe self esteem issues. They've worsen since Max's death. It's something I'm working on, but don't know if I'll ever over-come. That said, I don't know who of my 168 "friends" are actually my friends and who is there because they either A. Feel bad for me. B. Just want to fill their own friend roster. C. Who's there just to spy on me and watch the train wreck that is my life. Or D. Just added me because they met me once, are some how related to me or just has a friend whose friend is my friend.
Point being, I don't know who my actual friends are. When people ask Granny why she's not on Facebook and doesn't want to learn how to use it, you know what her response is? "My phone number hasn't changed. If they want to talk to me, they'll pick up the phone." I totally respect that.
Anyway, for the time being, Facebook is just too stressful. I don't know who my friends are; online or in real life. I'm trying to establish new friendships, working on old friendships and Facebook isn't necessary for that.
I'm still online. You can comment on my blog, email or call me.
P.S My dear JM friends: I haven't been there either for the same reasons of it just being hard reading posts about children in the news. It just seems every time I log in something terrible has happened. I will be back, I just need a break.
How I lost 25 lbs...
11 years ago


3 comments:
Darlin', you know who your friends are. They're the ones who are there, day in, day out. They're the ones who showed up when times were worst. Some are family; some are people you've never even seen in person. Some people who are your FB friends are just casual acquaintances, the friends of friends kinda folks. You'll know who they are because you won't know them, either. The rest of them are people who WANT to get to know you better...they're friends you just don't know well yet. Your life is not a train wreck. Amy Winehouse, there was a train wreck of a life. You have dealt with terrible blows, especially in the last 14 - 15 months, and you are dealing with them in a way that people ADMIRE. You are getting up every day, looking for solutions to your physical problems, working hard on the other problems, trying to make life better for yourself and your husband and your daughter. You are NOT giving up. That's why people want to be your friend, and for some Facebook has been the only way to do that. That said, stressful FB is bad FB, and I'm glad you're stepping back from it.
Ditto what Rhonda said.
And remember, I LOVE YOU. You are THE BEST friend I've ever had. And I will tell you it until you BELIEVE it!
I have been wondering where you are lady! Just know that we are thinking of you :)
Post a Comment