We got up extra early to start our trip. I had Robert drop me at Enterprise and he ventured on to the grocery store to buy snacks. With a little charming on my part, our car was upgraded from a Impala to a Cadillac. I met Robert back at the house, loaded up and hit the road. I was totally digging the heated, cooled, massaging seats.
Meghan liked the car too!
We made decent time and reached Granny's house around 4 pm. Granny, Amanda, Simon, Heather, Katie and MJ were waiting for us. We had an early dinner before Rhonda, Aunt Nay Nay, Tricia and family arrived.
By the time everyone left, I was feeling restless and in the need to get out. Heather and I took off to the Douglasville Diner, where we had the most expensive dessert EVER. But it sure was yummy.
Saturday July 16th:
We attended an absolutely beautiful 80th birthday party for Robert's great uncle Ernest. There was yummy food everywhere, music...the weather was just perfect. Meghan had a blast running around. Oh and the cupcakes were to die for!
Sunday July 17th:
We had our Family BBQ. We had so much food to choose from. 3 different kind of hamburgers, 3 different kinds of hotdogs, ribs, chicken, pulled pork, yummy sides and a delicious ice bar that Heather set up.
Monday July 18th:
Robert, Meghan and I went to see the house I've had my eye on for a while. Seeing the house in person just made me want to move even more, but I'm ok with waiting as we planned. But still, I really liked this house!
Monday night, we had a girl's night out. Rhonda, Amanda, Heather, Aunt Nay and I loaded up on a trip to Marietta, Ga. We stopped for dinner at Chili's. I had some chicken fajitas and an amazing Blackberry margarita. Then we went to this great Tapas Bar (or as Granny heard it "Topless Bar") called Red Sky. They were having a Singer Song Writer competition. Each performer had 30 minutes on stage. One guys was looking and sounding particularly good, but that may have been the Chocolate martini I ordered... On the hour trip back to Granny's, Amanda made a stop at Krispy Kreme for some sugary goodness. We all had a great time. It's been a long time since I laughed that hard.
Tuesday July 19th:
I had my very first trip into Atlanta!!
Woot! It's sad that it's taken this long, but I was so excited to finally get to go. We visited the Georgia Aquarium first.
And then the World of Coke...
Followed by a trip to the Varsity where I had some awesome chili dogs and the best onion rings I've ever had.
After returning to Granny's, Heather and I took off for the Douglasville Mall.
I decided to leave my hair behind in Georgia!
This cut is a big change for me. My hair has never been above my shoulders (except for this one time when I was in fourth grade and HATED it). It's fun and I like it. I just need to purchase a flat iron so I can keep it styled like it is in the picture above. I'm thinking about dying it also, but I'm not sure about the color just yet.
Wednesday July 20th:
Robert, Meghan and I spent the afternoon doing some extreme couponing with Rhonda. Then we went to dinner at Longhorn Steak house with her and Carl. We had some wonderful food and a good time visiting with them both.
After we got back, I spent the night staying up late with Heather playing video games and pictionary. One of us almost peed our pants, but I'm not telling who!
Thursday July 21st: We had a big breakfast with everyone. Granny made her famous biscuits, eggs and grits. Amanda fixed a bunch of different types of bacon. After some more visiting it was time to pack up our car and start our long journey home.
I was happy to see that our condo did not burn to the ground, nor was it broken into or flooded while we were gone. It was however very HOT. After that $400 electric bill from last month, I wasn't playing around. I shut that sucker off while we were gone. I turned it down as soon as we got in but I don't think it got comfortable until around 2 am. Next time I'll try to program it to cool down BEFORE we get home!
I know I left out a lot, but that's the short of our fun vacation. I'll leave you with a picture of this cool dude...




1 comments:
I'm glad you took a trip and had a nice time. The hair is really cute, too! Yes, the family thing- cousins and all is bittersweet- everything is bittersweet, isn't it? But our boys are probably playing and laughing and having a grand time with family up in heaven everyday. And from their eternal perspective, our separation is short. It sucks most for us, I think.
I'm glad to see you doing stuff. I don't know about the whole idea of moving on, why would we want to? I will never get over my sweet Jameson. But moving through...at least we are moving. Hugs!
Post a Comment