RSS

Friday, July 29, 2011

Those Mini Goals.

I wrote a couple days ago about setting mini goals for myself and yet I never posted any.Yikes! Can you say procrastinator? Better late than never, here we go!


1. Vocalize More. I've spoke a few times about my inability to vocalize my feelings and emotions aside from my blog. I could be bawling my eyes out and still wouldn't be able to tell you what was wrong. Though the likelihood  of me allowing someone to see my cry is...well least just say it wouldn't happen. Point being, I have a hard time getting it out there. So I'm working on vocalizing more through blogging and hopefully talking, you know out loud and stuff.

2. Leave the house daily. I've had difficulty since mid-pregnancy with Max leaving the house. PPD following his birth made it worse and it has grown over time. I've been working hard at this for a while and am continuing to make progress. But obviously, stress can set me back, so I'm making this a priority. My goal is to leave the house daily, even if it's just to walk around the neighborhood or check the mail (I didn't even venture out that much during the worst part of PPD with Max) and to go do fun things throughout the week with Meghan.

3. Identify Self Punishment and Self Sabotage. The goal here is to write (privately) down my episodes of self punishment and self sabotage to help identify triggers and work on other outlets to relief the stress. I need to learn that I deserve more from myself. I do not deserve the punishments I have given myself (self harm, over eating, not eating, not exercising, over exercising, etc).

There's my goals. It's difficult because I have a zillion more in my head that I want to put here and work on, but I need focus. I have so many issues and problems floating around in that head of mine, it gets too cluttered to work on even one problem. Hopefully, this will help me stay focused on just these three things.

1 comments:

Kim said...

These are awesome goals! And WHEN you master them (and you will!) you will feel so different!