RSS

Friday, June 10, 2011

Let me Remember

Let me Remember
I trace the outline of your face
Close my eyes to hear you laugh
Instead of being able to remember
I hear “Quit living in the past.”

It’s not the voice of my angel
Or the voice of my man
It’s just a number of my friends
Ones who don’t understand

Why won’t they let me remember?   
I know you’re gone forever
But it helps me to grow stronger
When I can remember

It’s a guilt I’ll always carry
Wondering day and night
What we could have done differently
That would make everything alright

I know it isn’t my fault
But it was still my son I lost
So don’t you tell me that it’s ok
To let go and to move on


Why won’t they let me remember?   
I know you’re gone forever
But it helps me to grow stronger
When I can remember

I have another angel
My beautiful little girl
Who I will do anything for
To keep her safe in this world

No, I don’t compare them
Yes, she’ll know who he is
He’s as much of her life as I am
But I know she’s a different kid

She fills my heart with love
But my favorite part about her
Is that while she helps me heal
She always lets me remember

I take the time to remember
And while I know you’re gone forever
That picture of your smile reminds me
That I will continue to grow stronger

I miss you always my son
You’re forever in my heart
And for that reason I have to remember
And sometimes fall apart.

Melanie Horner, 5/20/2011

Thank you for writing this Melanie. You're a very special person to me. Love you girl!

0 comments: