Ok so my posts have been mostly nice here lately, but all good things come to an end right? So it's time for me to spew some hatred. If you're sitting in the front row, you may want to bring a tarp and duck!
Ahem.
I hate students. Wait, before you hit me over the head with a frying pan or toss Sophie the Giraffe at me, let me explain. I like what students do for the economy...especially MY economy since my husband's employment depends on these little bastards. However, I hate their presence. I loathe this time of year. Summer is great, I pull into the grocery store parking lot and grab the first space, I stroll the aisles at leisure, the cashier is waiting for me with a smile and there's always a bagger ready to package my purchases and escort me to my vehicle ("No, thank you. I can load my own groceries.") But then Summer ends. I park a mile from the store, I have to wait for some kid half my age to decide on the PERFECT breakfast cereal to keep at her door. That cashier with the smile? Yeah she's not smiling and she's certainly not waiting for ME. I wait behind four students before I can even unload my cart. And the bagger does NOT offer to take my groceries to car...even if I had wanted him to just this once. OH! And there's this punk behind me with his mother. They have a full cart of food for him and he waits until they're emptying the cart to mention "Oh Mom, I have like $4. That cool?" Of course it's "cool" because she's mom and she planned on paying anyway...but what if it wasn't? You waited until now? Then there's the driving situation. I don't understand how these kids are old enough to be driving, they certainly don't drive like they know what they're doing. Heck, they can't even follow the rules to walk properly. They just walk right out into traffic and I'm the one that's supposed to stop.or.else.Mr.Police.Officer. Agh.
Usually I'm a big fan of paragraphs...lots of them. It makes it easier to read. But AHHHHHH these blasted babies just make me lose all control of formatting.
Breathe. Soon enough they'll settle in and stop evading my space with such force. But until then, dear student, could you at least BACK UP about two feet so I'm not feeling your breath on my neck in the check out lane? Please and thank you!
How I lost 25 lbs...
11 years ago


3 comments:
I so get you!
Its like over here, none of the mom's can go shopping while their kids are at school, they have to wait til after they pick them up from school & bring them to the mall, let them roam wild, & drag them into the grocery store so they can get into everyone's way & it takes 10 times longer!!! ARGH!!! *Sorry, this was your blog rant, wasn't it?!* Lol....
Just don't get me started on the husbands.... You got lucky with yours...the ones over here? Dumb as anything!!!
Love this blog. You have a great way of sharing a story and this one created many smiles and chuckles with me. THANKS!
love y'all
Go, girl! You tell 'em.
Post a Comment